BORN: July 25, 1961, Leningrad, USSR
1984, MSc in Physics (with Distinction), Leningrad Polytechnical Institute,
1987, PhD in Theoretical Physics, Leningrad Polytechnical Institute, Russia,
thesis "Many-Electron Correlations in Negative Ion Photodetachment".
Oct 1999 - present, Lecturer in Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics,
Queen's University of Belfast
1993-1999, Research Associate, School of Physics, University of New
South Wales, Australia.
June 1992-March 1993, Visiting Academic, School of Physics, University
of New South Wales, Australia.
1989-1992, Assistant Professor, Physics, Leningrad Polytechnical Institute
(since 1992 StPetersburg State Technical University), Russia.
1987-1988, Junior scientist, Physics, Leningrad Polytechnical Institute,
1984-1987, Postgraduate student, Physics, Leningrad Polytechnical
1976--1978, Diploma of the School-student Physics Olympiad (Leningrad, Russia)
1981, Second prize, Leningrad Student Physics Olympiad
1991, Best work by young scientist, All-Union Conference on Electron-Atomic
Collisions (Cheboksary, Russia)
- Many-body theory and applications.
- Negative ions, photodetachment.
- Low-energy electron-atom scattering.
- Interaction of positrons with atoms (scattering, binding, annihilation).
- Mechanisms of positron annihilation on molecules.
- Cold atom scattering.
- Multiphoton processes.
- Quantum chaos, compound states and resonances in atoms, enhancement of
75 publications in Atomic and Nuclear Physics in international refereed
Conference presentations (1994--2000)
- Theory Workshop on Applications of
Chaos in Nuclear and Atomic Physics, Caen, 1994.
- VIII Positron Workshop, Vancouver, 1995.
- Research Workshop on Electron Interactions
with Atoms and Molecules, Canberra, 1996.
- IX Positron Workshop, Nottingham, 1997.
- Australian-German Workshop on Electron Correlations, Fremantle, 1998.
- X Workshop on Low-Energy Positron and Positronium Physics, Tsukuba, 1999.
- ITAMP Workshop "Positron and Positronium Interactions: New Directions"
(Cambridge MA, 2000)
- BrisPhys'94, Brisbane, 1994.
- Applications of Chaos in Many-Body Quantum Physics,
INT Program, Seattle, 1994.
- Advanced Workshop in Atomic and Molecular
Physics, Canberra, 1995.
- XIX International Conference of the Physics of
Electronic and Atomic Collisions, Whistler, 1995.
- 15th International Conference on Atomic Physics, Amsterdam, 1996.
- XX International Conference on the Physics of Electronic and
Atomic Collisions (Vienna, 1997).
- 13th National Congress of the Australian Institute of Physics (Fremantle,
- XXI ICPEAC (Sendai, 1999).
- 17th International Conference on Atomic Physics (Florence, 2000).
First and second year university Physics and Theoretical Physics
- Classical Mechanics
- Lecture courses in Mechanics, Statistical Physics and Electricity.
- Tutorials in Mechanics,
Statistical Physics, Electrodynamics, and Quantum Mechanics.
- Physics laboratory classes.
- 1997-1999, Tutor at the School of Physics, University of New South
Wales (I have held tutorials in a variety of first year physics courses), and
substitute lecturer (Nuclear Physics).
- 1998, Tutor in the Aboriginal Tutorial Assistance Program at the
University of New South Wales
Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics,
Queen's University, Belfast BT7 1NN, UK
Tel +44 (0)28 90976056, Fax +44 (0)28 90976061
Back to Gleb Gribakin's home page